If you are interested in wholesale purchases, please contact our sales team.
You may e-mail or call Fran Tighe at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (207) 423-4378.
We partner with several distributors across the country and in Maine. We will gladly refer you to them.
How much will each portion cost?
Phillips Exeter Academy and Mercy Hospital have developed two fantastic, cost-effective, nutritious, and delicious recipes which feature Ocean Approved slaw cut kelp.
Roasted Carrots & Cabbage with Kelp
Recipe by George Dimond, Sous Chef Mercy Hospital
Yields (70) 3 oz. servings
Portion cost: $0.29
- 6 lbs peeled and large diced carrots
- 3 lbs 1 inch diced red cabbage
- 3 lbs 1 inch diced green cabbage
- 1 lb Ocean Approved Kelp Slaw Cut
- 1 lb butter blend 60/40
- ½ lb brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 oz vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp black pepper
Prep vegetables and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the vegetable oil and ½ the salt and pepper, toss to coat all of the veggies. Place on a sheet pan and roast for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees or until
the veggies are soft. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the brown sugar, vinegar, and the rest of the salt and pepper. When the veggies are done place in a bowl. Add the kelp, butter and sugar mixture and toss to coat evenly then serve.
Phillips Exeter Tavern Slaw
Recipe by Ed Vasseur - PEA
Yield: (100) 3 oz servings
Portion Cost: $0.49
- 1 Quart Mayonnaise
- 1 Quart Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Quart Canola Oil
- 2 Oz. Mustard Dry
- 1 Cup granulated Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Tablespoon Cayenne Pepper Ground
- 2 Pound Green Shredded Cabbage
- 2 Pound Napa Cabbage
- 2 Pound Jicama, match stick
- 1.5 Pound Carrot pealed
- 1.5 Pound Zucchini
- 1.5 Pound Summer Squash
- 1.5 Pound Red Pepper Whole
- 1.5 Pound Green Pepper Whole
- 2 Pound Broccoli Floret Fresh
- 1 Pound Ocean Approved Kelp Slaw Cut
For Dressing: Mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, oil, dry mustard, sugar, salt, and cayenne.
For Slaw: Mix all vegetables into dressing until evenly coated. Serve Chilled.