Thai Red Curry
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 Tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 14-oz. can coconut milk
- 2-3 cups vegetables (ex: carrots, cauliflower, sweet potato)
- ¼ cup Ocean Approved slaw cut kelp
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup toasted cashews
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bell pepper, garlic, ginger, and salt and stir to combine. Cook for an additional minute.
- Add the curry paste to the pan and cook for about a minute, stirring to coat the other ingredients. Add in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Stir in the vegetables. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes until the squash is fork-tender. Add the kelp, remove the pan from the heat and stir in lime juice. Taste and adjust salt and lime juice as necessary. Sprinkle with cilantro and cashews to serve.