Summer Veggie Meatballs
by Ocean Approved
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 ½ cups packed, shredded vegetables (ex: summer squash, carrot)
- ¼ cup Ocean Approved slaw cut kelp
- 2-3 TBS fresh herbs, finely chopped (basil, cilantro, or parsley) ~ I used all 3
- 1/4 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 egg, beat
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place shredded vegetables into a colander in the sink along with thawed and drained kelp. Sprinkle with 2 pinches of salt and mix well. Allow veggies sit for 10 minutes, then SQUEEZE out the moisture.
- Meanwhile, puree onion and garlic together in a small food processor.
- Combine ground beef, squeezed out veggies, onion/garlic mixture, chopped herbs, salt, and egg in a large bowl. Mix with your hands until well combined
- Roll into desired sized meatballs and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until brown and cooked all the way through.
- Serve immediately or cool and freeze for later.