Paleo Stracciatella - Italian Egg Drop Soup
- 64 oz chicken stock
- 3 cups torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1 sheet (1 Ocean Approved kelp wrap)
- 4-5 eggs, scrambled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves of garlic, peeled
- In a large soup pot bring stock to a boil. Add garlic clove and bay leaf. You will remove these later.
- Lower heat and then add spinach and seaweed. Stir to prevent the greens from sticking to one another. Let that simmer on medium heat for about 5-8 minutes or until the spinach is wilted. If you use baby spinach cut that time in half.
- Meanwhile, scramble the eggs in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- When spinach is wilted remove garlic and bay leaf. Turn the heat up to medium high.
- Now it is time to add the scramble egg. Slowly pour in the scramble egg while whisking into the broth with a fork.
- The egg will cook rather immediately. So as soon at your broth changes with egg shreds you can remove it from the heat.
Note: it’s important to use a fork to whisk the eggs. If you use a whisk the greens will get caught in it and prevent the egg from breaking apart appropriately for the soup.